Skip to content
Start » Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

How can I access Veterinary studies?

What do I have to do to enroll in Veterinary Medicine?

  • Access to any title from the ULPGC is a centralized system that manages the central services of the University, so the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, as an administrative unit, does not directly manage the system for access to titles.
  • For access to any title of the ULPGC you can inform yourself directly on the Web ULPGC for you.
  • To collect information about access to the University, university residences, accommodation bags, etc. You can call the Student Information Service (SIE) at 928451072 or 928451074 or send an email to You can also contact the Access Service by phone: 928-453378 or /79/80/73 or send an email to

Where can I consult the information on administrative issues such as registration, access by file transfer, fees, homologation of studies?

Access by file transfer
I am a student at another Veterinary Faculty in Spain. How can I access the ULPGC to continue my Veterinary studies?
  • It is required to have 30 ECTS of approved basic subject areas (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry).
  • It is a necessary requirement that the admission mark, calculated according to the access route of the degree in question, be equal to or higher than the cut-off mark of the ULPGC degree of the immediately previous course, subtracting 0.5 points. If the access route lacks qualification or does not have equivalences in the Spanish educational system, the admission grade will be 5.0. The cut-off mark of the last academic year.
  • All the information related to File Transfers can be found published on the website of the Administration of the Veterinary Building and more specifically in the section related to the academic management.
Access to studies for foreign students

Remember that the Veterinary Graduate degree is taught in a 95% in Spanish and only a 5% in English, therefore you must have a good level of Spanish to study.

I am a foreign student from the European Union or from a country with a reciprocity agreement (Andorra, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and China). How can I access Veterinary studies?

  • You must carry out the procedure for issuing credentials, which is a general requirement for access to the Spanish University and which is carried out directly at the National University of Distance Education (UNED).

I am a foreign student from a country without a reciprocity agreement, how can I access Veterinary studies?

  • Access to the Spanish University requires you to take the University Access Test (PAU). Abroad, who is in charge of doing it is the National University of Distance Education (Web UNED). Check their website to know when, how and where to do it.
Access to studies from the training cycles

I am a student from training cycles. How can I access Veterinary studies?

  • In the following link you will find all the information about the access of Students with a Higher Technical Degree in Vocational Training, Higher T. of Plastic Arts and Design or Higher Sports T. and equivalents (Training Cycles). Keep in mind that the Bachelor's degree in Veterinary Medicine is attached to the Branch of Health Sciences.
What is the cut-off grade for Veterinary Medicine?

What is the cut-off grade for Veterinary Medicine?

  • The cut-off grade for the next course will not be known until the last student enrolls. Therefore, the cut-off marks vary from one year to the next depending on the supply of places and the demand.
  • The cut-off grade of the last academic year.

What are the subjects that weigh the most in the specific part of the PAU to raise my grade and enter Veterinary Medicine?

Keep in mind that Veterinary Medicine is a degree in the Branch of Health Sciences, therefore:

  • The subjects that weigh the most (0.2) are Biology and Chemistry
  • The subjects that weight 0.1 are: Earth and Environmental Sciences, Physics, Mathematics applied to Health Sciences, Mathematics II.
 What is the registration or enrollment period?

What is the registration or enrollment period?

  • Keep in mind that to access the centers of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria you must pre-register within the deadlines established by the University and that you can directly on the Web ULPGC for you.
How much does it cost to study Veterinary Medicine?

How much are the tuition fees in Veterinary Medicine?

  • Once admitted to this Faculty, the Academic and Administrative fees to be paid are established by virtue of a decree of the Government of the Canary Islands, which sets the prices to be paid for the provision of academic services of a university nature for each course. academic. It is published in the Official Gazette of the Canary Islands in the month of July of each year.
  • You can check the latest academic fees in the academic management information on the Administration website.
Is it possible to study Veterinary in a blended or distance learning way?

For personal or work reasons I cannot live in Gran Canaria. Can I study Veterinary Medicine remotely or by going from time to time?

  • Veterinary studies are face-to-face and it is NOT possible to take them blended, or remotely.
  • There is only the possibility of studying part-time, but you must keep in mind that studies in Veterinary Medicine have a high demand for attendance, so they may be incompatible with work schedules or other personal responsibilities.
  • As it is a degree in the branch of health sciences with a very important practical component (minimum of 40% in each subject) and with a very high requirement of attendance; «It is mandatory to attend at least 90% of the practical classes and 50% of the theoretical classes in order to have the right to sit the exams«.
  • To get an idea of the dedication that these studies require, you can consult the calendar by course (choose a course and browse by week).
I am a non-EU foreign veterinarian. Can I have my degree recognized in Spain?

I am a Veterinarian with a degree from a non-EU University and I would like to work in Spain as a Veterinarian. Can you validate my title?

  • Regardless of the immigration regulations that apply to you and that you should consult at your Embassy or Consulate, the homologation of titles in Spain is carried out at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Government of Spain, not at the Universities.
  • Consult all the information.
  • In the event that they ask you for additional training requirements for the recognition of the degree, you would have to contact a Spanish university that offers these training supplements.
  • Due to the fact that the acquisition of skills in Veterinary Medicine requires attendance at theoretical classes, practical classes and evaluation, and since the ULPGC does not recognize these applicants as ULPGC students, for now the ULPGC Faculty of Veterinary Medicine cannot offer complements of training to validate your title.
Other frequently asked questions?

Link to the institutional website of the ULPGC on frequently asked questions regarding access to the ULPGC

Information on university residences and accommodation

Contact the ULPGC

Student Information Service (SIE)

Student House
Calle Juan de Quesada, nº 30
35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Telephone.: (+34) 928 451 072/74/75
Fax: (+34) 928 452 709

Academic Management Service

Administrative Services Building
Camino Real de San Roque, nº 1
35015- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
928-453378 or /79/80/73

Do you need accommodation in Las Palmas?

University Accommodation Service
Tafira Campus S/N, 35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Telephone: 928 45 11 49
Fax: 928 45 90 01
Residency Veterinary University

Veterinary Clinical Hospital

If you want information about the care of sick patients/animals, you should contact the Veterinary Clinical Hospital.

Trasmontaña s/n (Arucas University Campus)
35413 Arucas, Las Palmas
Phone: 928454300/ 928454349 · Fax: 928454301

Send email

Veterinary Hospital