How to apply?
- The Central Administration Office of the university is a centralized system that manages the access to ULPGC courses, so the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, as an administrative unit, does not directly control it.
- For further information about entry requirements, visit the website ULPGCparati.es.
- For any other information about entry requirements to ULPGC, university residence halls, university housing, etc., contact by phone to the Student Information Services: Tel. 928451072 and 928451074 or send an email at email@example.com.
- Also, you can contact directly by phone to the Academic Management Office: Tel. 928-453378 /79/80/73 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where look up information about administrative issues such as enrolment, transfer admission from another university, tuition fees or recognition of overseas studies?
Transfer admission from another spanish university
Admission of foreign students to degree courses
- You must follow the procedure for issuance of credentials which is a general entry requirement for Spanish universities and is directly made in the UNED (link directly to the information) or consult UNED website
I am a foreign student from a country without reciprocity agreement. How can I enroll in the Bachelor of Veterinary Science?
- Spanish Universities require you to pass University Admissions Examinations (UAE). Abroad, UNED is responsible for doing it (UNED Website). Check its website to know when, how and where.
Admission from Superior-level Training Cycles to degree courses
- In the following link you will find all the information about the admission from Superior-Level Training Cycles to degree courses (link, in Spanish). Keep in mind that the Bachelor of Veterinary Science is associated to the branch of Health Sciences.
What is the university admission mark for the Bachelor of Veterinary Science?
- Until the last student is enrolled, the university admission marks will not be known. Therefore, this mark varies depending on the demand for university places.
- The admission mark for the academic year 2012/2013 has been as follows (maximum 14 points): General (9,421), graduates (8,318), over 25 years (7,115) over 45 years (5.0)
- As a guide, you can find the university admission marks of this academic year in the following link on the title of the ULPGC (link) or in the website notadecorte.info
What is the enrollment period?
- It is necessary to perform a pre-registration by the stipulated deadlines established by the ULPGC on the website ULPGC para tí.
Tuition fee costs at ULPGC?
- One admitted in this Faculty, Academic and Administrative fees payable are established by a decree of the Canary Islands fixing the prices to be paid at the University for each Academic Course. In the month of July of each year, it is published in the Boletín Oficial de Canarias.
- You can check the latest tuition fees on the website of the Administration (link, in Spanish).
Is it possible to study by distance?
For personal or business reasons I can not live in Gran Canaria. Can I study the Bachelor of Veterinary Science by distance or going from time to time
- This Bachelor can not be studied by the distance. You can be a part-time student but the physical presence requirement is very important so it may be incompatible with work schedules or other personal responsibilities.
- This course is associated to the branch of Health Sciences and has a practical component which is very important (at least 40% in each subject) so the requirement of physical presence is very high. “It is required to attend at least 90% of practical classes and 50% of the lectures to take the exams”.
- To get an idea of the dedication required for these studies, you can consult the calendar by year on the following link (Link in Spanish, choose an Academic Year and look the information per week).
I am a Veterinary Surgeon from a non EU country. What about the recognition of my foreign qualification in Spain?
I am graduate from a non EU University and I would like to work as Vet Surgeon in Spain. Could be possible to recognize my foreign qualification?
- The recognition of foreign qualifications in Spain takes place at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Government of Spain, not in universities, independently of the immigration law that will be applicable and you should consult to your embassy or consulate.
- Check all the information in the following link.
You only would have to contact the university in case they ask you for additional training for the approval of the course.
Another Frequently Asked Questions:
- Link to the University Residences Website (In Spanish)
Casa del Estudiante
Calle Juan de Quesada, nº 30
35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Tel.: (+34) 928 451 072/74/75
Fax: (+34) 928 452 709
Edificio de Servicios Administrativos
Camino Real de San Roque, nº 1
35015- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Tel: 928-453378 ó /79/80/73
Looking for accomodation in Las Palmas?
University Accommodation Services
Residencia Universitaria de Tafira
Campus de Tafira, s/n. 35017 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Tel: 928 45 90 03 / 928 45 90 01
For information about care for patients or sick animals, please contact with the Veterinary TeachingHospital.